Grow with us
print production specialist
Essential Job Duties:
- Meets deadlines by working at a steady pace while still maintaining quality work.
- Produces quality work by demonstrating operational knowledge of duplication equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs on print related software and equipment components as necessary.
- Runs high volume printing equipment and performs binding and finishing work.
- Has the ability to setup and run all print related applications on all equipment.
- Ensures copiers are working properly, checking for quality via daily inspections.
- Clears paper jams and informs technicians of specific problems.
- Performs some repair service on customer copier equipment.
- Maintains records for management reports and inventories of supplies needed.
- Distributes mail to designated drop-off points as required.
- Calculates charges for jobs performed.
- Responds to and coordinates required service calls.
- Delivers completed jobs to specified pick-up locations.
- Maintains daily meter and service logs.
- Answers customer questions regarding status or feasibility of job requests.
- Ensures upkeep of copier areas by keeping neat and well stocked.
- Performs duties related to the shipping and receiving of materials.
- May perform machinery moves within office space.
- May require periodic overtime on nights and weekends, including off-hour emergency response.
- Uses shrink-wrap machine, paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment, jogger, tape machine, stackers, electric stapler and scales in completion of various jobs contracted.
- Uses all copier equipment, calculator, postage meter and some PC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to calibrate equipment by producing likeness in color and quality as required matching originals.
- Demonstrates the ability to transfer files electronically by sending files from the network to color equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Possession of effective verbal communication skills is a very important prerequisite
- Ability to listen; paying attention to details and following instructions
- Loyalty and trustworthiness: must be loyal to their organizations and trustworthy
- Organizational skills: He/she should be able to arrange his/her work schedule and his/her work environment to ensure efficiency
- Be a team player: must be able to work with existing staff for the growth of their organizations
- Handle Pressure: He/she must be able to keep up with difficult and time sensitive tasks
- He/she should display maturity and respect for confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to be flexible and multi-tasking – doing several things all at the same time if needed
- Ability to be calm, courteous, and professional
- Work could involve some lifting of office supplies or files.
- English reading and writing skills required
- Interacts verbally with coworkers, representatives from outside agencies.
- Attention to detail and confidentiality required
- Requires high school diploma or GED and 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Experience of three years in a roll-fed printing environment is preferred.
- Technical aptitude to learn the set-up (including the software controls) and operation of complex printing equipment.
- Requires ability to learn complex production and/or communication systems, such as client-specific mainframe applications.
- Some related copy job experience, preferably in a high production, mechanically sophisticated print environment, is preferred.
Fill out my online form.
Please complete the brief employment application below. After clicking submit please wait for a confirmation message before closing your browser.